Games can play a crucial role in driving business success — not just in PR and marketing, but as a model for designing business systems and workflows. In this book, I provide compelling case studies that demonstrate how game mechanics enable companies to respond quickly to challenges in today’s real-time economy.
It’s not about giving workers a smiley face for producing more widgets. You’ll discover how game mechanics, particularly popular multiplayer online video games, provide field-tested best practices for engaging workers in creative and complex activities. With games, your company can shift from an outmoded top-down hierarchy to an agile network structure that promotes coordination over control.
- Discover why industrial age business structures from the 20th century no longer work
- Design real-time business collaboration systems, using massively multiplayer online (MMO) game concepts
- Make your in-house systems more agile with technologies such as social media, mobile devices and cloud computing
- Understand game dynamics: goals, rules, real-time feedback, and voluntary participation.
- Apply virtual worlds and 3-D animation to business intelligence and data analytics applications.
From the Book Cover – Praise for ENTERPRISE GAMES
“I found this book to be the most fact-based testimony so far for gamification in the enterprise.”
—Mario Herger, Senior Innovation Strategist and Global Head of Gamification, SAP Labs
“Deftly balances what you need to know about game theory with pragmatic, real-world examples… Game on.”
—Kevin M. Hoffman, Information Designer, former User Experience Director of Happy Cog