SCM Globe – Supply Chain Design and Simulation
(2.5 Minute Intro Video – Managing Supply Chains to Grow the Business)
Draw your supply chain on a map of the world and simulate its operation to see how it works. Tweak the design until you get the performance you want. In the process you learn a lot about supply chains dynamics and how to manage a complex system like a supply chain.
SCM Globe combines the fun of a video game with a serious learning experience about supply chains. On a map of the world players can drag and drop factories, stores and warehouses and connect those facilities with routes using roads, rail, water and air. On those routes you define the size, speed and frequency of the vehicles that move products between facilities. Then simulate that design and see how it works. Get real-time displays of data and graphs showing you how the individual facilities and vehicles are performing and how the supply chain overall is doing. See where problems arise. Keep tweaking your design until you get the supply chain you want.
- Interactive design teaches key tenants and concepts of supply chain management to students at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Combines computing power with animated map and data displays to create an interactive supply chain game to simulate basic and advanced supply chain concepts
- Displays supply chain performance in real-time allowing players to see trends and develop intuitive as well as analytical understanding of supply chain operations.
SCM Globe Version 2 adds more features and data displays based on feedback from users of Version 1. SCM Globe is being adopted as a learning tool at universities and supply chain training programs around the world such as:
- Dania Danish Academy of Business and Technology
- Everett Community College
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Institute Superieur de Gestion, Paris
- International Fashion Institute, Shanghai
- University of Maryland, University College
- University of Mississippi, School of Business Administration