SCM Globe – A “Serious Game” about Supply Chains
SCM Globe combines the fun of a video game with a serious learning experience about supply chains. On a map of the world players can drag and drop factories, stores and warehouses and connect those facilities with routes using roads, rail, water and air. On those routes you define the size, speed and frequency of the vehicles that move products between facilities. Then simulate that design and see how it works. Get real-time displays of data and graphs showing you how the individual facilities and vehicles are performing and how the supply chain overall is doing. See where problems arise. Keep tweaking your design until you get the supply chain you want.
- Interactive design teaches key tenants and concepts of supply chain management to students at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Combines computing power with animated map and data displays to create an interactive supply chain game to simulate basic and advanced supply chain concepts
- Displays supply chain performance in real-time allowing players to see trends and develop intuitive as well as analytical understanding of supply chain operations.
SCM Globe Version 2 adds more features and data displays based on feedback from users of Version 1. SCM Globe is being adopted as a learning tool in classrooms and distance learning courses by colleges and universities in North America and Europe such as:
- Florida Institute of Technology
- University of Mississippi
- Everett Community College
- Institute Superieur de Gestion
SCM Globe – Supply Chain Simulation System
(3 Minute Intro Video for SCM Globe)
SCM Globe can be used in conjunction with the 3rd edition of my Essentials of Supply Chain Management (reported by Amazon as best selling supply chain book worldwide since 2004). Point and click on a map of the world to create facilities, routes, and vehicles. Design your supply chain. Simulate its performance. Tweak the design until you have what you want. Learn about supply chains dynamics as you design and simulate.